Monday, August 24, 2015

Alaskan Adventure Part 8 - Vacation Sewing

 One of the best parts of a trip to Alaska is I can always convince Mom & Aunt Pam to help me with a few sewing projects!  Aunt Pam & I spent one rainy morning (one of only two from our entire trip!) sewing skirts for the girls.  Allison's and Savannah's match (although they were a bit longer than we planned) and Heidi's coordinated.  The girls love them!  And of course, I love sewing with Aunt Pam, we had fun finding fun trims (lace & piping) to give them extra flair.

 Heidi wore hers at her reunion with 'Big Heidi.'  We were so thankful 'Big Heidi' took a break from moose cleaning & wedding planning to say 'hi' to us!  And we're very disappointed her wedding was 2 weeks after our trip.  And I need to add a note that when we told Heidi she was going to meet 'Big Heidi' she kept saying 'No! I Big Heidi! We go see Baby Heidi! :)


 I also brought some 10" squares I'd cut from my Wildwood fabric set and Mom & I made a 'Quilt-as-You-Go' quilt in the evenings at home.  I really like the look with the more detailed quilting but we found that trying to do random stiple on 10" squares was actually pretty tricky since there wasn't much to hold on to!  We didn't get the backing & binding on before we left but I'm still going to count this as Finished in 2015 #5 since my part is done.

No comments: